We’re confident camp will go ahead January 2024, but we still need to minimise the risk of anyone catching covid at camp, and keep each other as safe as possible (both campers and the wider community).
This includes isolating if unwell and staying home if there is any chance that we are positive. With care and by working together, we will make sure that camp is as safe as possible.
We also wanted to reassure you that should you come down with covid, or another illness, before camp, or in the very unlikely event we are unable to proceed with camp, we will refund your ticket cost in full.
Advice from mana whenua
- Our first point of reference in working out our response to the challenges of covid is our local Mana Whenua advisory group: Their priority is actively making sure that vulnerable members of the community are kept as safe as possible – and we are very happy to follow their advice.
- We would also like to acknowledge their help and support. We appreciate the careful thought they put into their consideration of the risks, and how to best ensure that the well-being of the community is protected .
- Their advice is to continue with normal events and activities, and all marae and kura in our rohe are open. They wished us well for a good camp.
Ministry advice and guidelines
We’ll also be following government advice and protocols regarding gatherings such as the camp.
SPECIFIC INFO FOR CAMP
- Please stay home if you are unwell! You will get a 100% refund.
- If you have any concerns that you may have come into contact with covid in the time leading up to camp, please do a RAT test (and obviously – stay home if you test positive!)
- The main camp activities are all either outdoors or in open marquees – so that significantly reduces the chances of infection.
- You’re welcome to wear a mask at any time and we will have lots of spare masks available.
- If you feel unwell, please: wear a mask and contact one of the camp organisers (Jenny or Jan in the office, or one of the kaiawhina)
- In the unlucky event that you get covid, there will be an isolation tent available so you can recover safely
- RAT tests will be availableWe’ll get medical advice from one of the medical staff on site
- We’ll make sure that you receive appropriate care and support and that you get home safely!